Exploring Pediatrics DentistryJuly 5th, 2019
Just like we have specific specialized doctors for every part of our body, the same way we have pediatric dentist exclusively for infants to the teens regarding dental concerns. Initially, in the first 6 months of children, baby teeth develop. The age of 6-7 witnesses loss of teeth replaced by secondary and permanent teeth. This period of teeth building is much crucial as if ignored at this time, then the lifetime of complications and oral decay may happen. Today, dental disease is so common among children that it has surpassed hay fever and asthma.
Pediatric dentistry is an arduous job as usually the patients are not calm and cooperative. Along with pediatric dentistry, the dentists have to learn the skill of examining and treat children with specially designed equipment in offices that are arranged and decorated with children in mind. As a parent, one must be extra concerned about how the pediatric dentistry will provide the best possible care, whenever a dental exam has been scheduled! This entire paradigm of pediatric dentistry offers a plethora of treatment options. From expertise treatment to child's teeth, gum and mouth.
Types Of Pediatrics Treatments -
Pediatric dentists provides plethora of oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include a risk assessment.
- Preventive dental care includes cleaning and fluoride treatments, nutrition and advisory diet plans.
- Addiction counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early evaluation and treatment for aligning teeth and fixing the improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repairing of tooth cavities or defects.
- Examination of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder.
- Administration of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease.
- Treatment of dental injuries (for example, displaced & fractured teeth)
The pediatric dental clinic is exclusively designed to make the patients comfortable and assure the parents that their kid is under utmost care and best treatment.